Truthseekerhighway – Along with increasingly advanced and sophisticated digital developments, it is possible that many information media are present and then compete to transmit all information to the public.
This is what has led to a lot of fake news or fake news that is widely circulated because everyone is competing to provide information, although it is not necessarily clear if the information they are distributing is consistent with the facts, especially if the information dissemination occurs intentionally, or it can also be called, is called disinformation.
According to KKBI, disinformation is the delivery of incorrect information to confuse others. Disinformation can be referred to as news that is broadcast to deceive, deceive or threaten many people.
Actually, the distributor of the information knows that the information is wrong, but he distributes the information deliberately, and usually this happens because it is to the advantage of the group, such as bringing political opponents down, and so on.
The public must be more careful in reading information, do not be easily provoked and believe in information that is not clear in fact, so as not to simply spread the information to others.
To find out about this, as reported by www.venostech.com, Monday (19/2/20), Nurfahmi Budiarto from the Indonesian Journalists Alliance in his meeting at the Google Indonesia Office gave some tips that can help to verify the truth of a story, at
- Verify site address To ensure the truth of a story, first check where the news came from. Is it from a trusted site address or not. If it comes from a site with a blogspot or wordpress domain, the news comes from an ordinary individual or group, not from trusted media.
- Detailvisuele If the news contains a photo, try to pay close attention to the photo, such as the logo, the atmosphere in the photo and so on. Voor confirmed that the photo can also be checked via Google’s Soekenjin.
- Ads When the news comes from sites that display a lot of ads, try to be careful, because mostly fake media will entice readers to click on these ads to get a lot of ads.
- Search for media properties A media will definitely deliver an actual and reliable report, because the media always contains time. In addition, the media will verify news through trusted sources.
- Check ‘About us’ when the news comes from an unconvincing website, first try to check the profile of the website, whether the profile is complete or not, trusted media will usually inform the existence of their office .
The rise of disinformation makes digital literacy important today to be understood by all people. Digital literacy is the ability to use technology, communication tools and evaluate information through digital technology.
It is expected that this digital literacy can help with the use of technology and can assess whether the information received is consistent with facts or not. Every society will not only understand the digital space, but also want to be users who will question and criticize the truth of this information before it is disseminated.
It also helps to create disputes between people who always want to be right in the fight to spread information.